Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Queens Library's Learning 2.0 Is Awesome

I am happy and grateful that Queens Library, as one of the biggest library systems in the US is so determined to bring Emerging Technologies close to the staff. I roughly spend about 1-2 hours per day trying to keep up with everything new in the field of Web 2.0 and Library 2.0. For me the trip is worth the try.

My favorite discovery on Queens Library Learning 2.0 was creating a customized search engine with Rollyo and cataloging books with Library Thing.

The amount of information presented was balanced, and well organized. The instructions for each technology were the right length, clear and understandable.

Are these the only 23 1/2 things that we have to learn?

No

I hope that Queens Library's Learning 2.0 is the beginning of a an interesting journey for many staff members. I also want too thank Karen Keys for her outstanding job in preparing the 2.0 study guide.

There is room for some minor improvements and I hope to be able to be part of the team who will create the next Web 2.0 and Library 2.0 discovery program in Queens Library.

No comments: