Monday, December 24, 2007

Shop Online On My Customized Search Engine

Shop Online On My Customized Search Engine

Customized search engines are a lot of fun. I just created my own search engine for shopping with Rollyo. Here is the link.

http://rollyo.com/stan23/shop_online/

Personalized search engines will become more and more popular and they are very useful for research. I bet, sooner or later we will see a site that will try to organize custom search engines to make the information more accessible for users.

Other search engines with personalized search features are Google Coop , Opsdo, A9, Yahoo Search Builder and Eurekster.com

The Librarian's E-Library is an example of a customized search engine created via Google Co-Op, which searches over 125 key library professional development web sites. I searched for digital libraries and found a lot of interesting information. You can also register with Google and volunteer to contribute to this resource.

No comments: